Granite State Race Services is hiring
If you like the road racing scene and are interested in good paying part-time work with one of the most respected race timing companies in the country, then we’d like to hear from you. If you don’t have timing experience we will train you.
Race Timing Technicians
Our race timing technicians work on equipment setup and breakdown, as well as helping to manage the finish line during the race by training volunteers, troubleshooting equipment and doing some basic timing tasks. Applicants should be:
- Able to multitask in a fast-paced time-sensitive environment
- Available weekends, often early in the morning
- Willing to travel all over New England
- Happy to work outdoors in all kinds of weather
- Able to work well with all kinds of people
- Detail-oriented, precise and a self-starter
- Able to lift and carry moderately heavy equipment when necessary (<50 lbs)
- Interested in long-term employment
Our lead timers will be in charge of all timing operations at the race, and will manage other GSRS crew on site. Applicants will be thoroughly trained before they are expected to be in charge on their own. In addition to the qualifications for the Race Timing Technician job listed above, all applicants must also be:
- Very comfortable with using and troubleshooting computers, and with learning new technologies. Either an IT professional or the type of person who always fixes their own computers when something goes wrong
- Competent oral and written communication skills
- Able to type race day data quickly and accurately
It is a plus if you own a van or other vehicle large enough to transport equipment to and from races.
Still interested? Send resume, references and cover letter to:
15 Oak Ridge Rd.
Kensington, NH 03833